Northeast Cabarrus Fire Department is having a fund raiser raffle! We are raffling tickets for a Bulldog BD-48V 4x2 Electric Side-By-Side UTV. Tickets are $5.00 each and only 1000 tickets will be sold. The drawing date is November 1, 2016 and you do not need to be present to win! Contact any member of the fire department to purchase tickets. Good luck!
Northeast Cabarrus Fire Department is committed to providing emergency services to the northeastern portion of Cabarrus county in a safe and efficient manner. Northeast Fire Department was founded in 1975 and continues to serve with professionalism and integrity.
The Northeast Cabarrus Fire Department is always seeking motivated and dedicated
members to serve the Northeastern Cabarrus community. Please see the Recruitment
page for more information and a link to our downloadable application. If you're interested in joining, feel free to come to one of our fire meetings on the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of each month at 7:00pm.
The Northeast Cabarrus Fire Department is always seeking motivated and dedicated members to serve their community. Individuals should possess qualities such as; pride, integrity, commitment and professionalism. Members are encouraged to continuously seek to further their knowledge and hone their skills.
- Be at least 14 years of age (Junior Fireman)
- Be at least 18 years of age (Fireman)
- No training required for new members
- Complete and submit membership application accompanied with:
- A copy of High School diploma or G.E.D.
- A certified criminal background check from Cabarrus County, or any other county of residence, within the past three years.
- A certified driving record from North Carolina, or any other state of residence, within the past three years.
- Completion of basic orientation and interview session with personnel committee.
- Upon completion of basic applicant requirements and you have attended at least three (3) regularly scheduled fire department meetings, applicants will be eligible for probationary member status pending a majority vote by the active membership of Northeast Fire Department.
General Membership Requirements
- Along with responding to dispatched calls for service, all members are expected to:
- Attend department regularly scheduled monthly meeting and training sessions
- All members must obtain a minimum thirty-six hours (36) of fire and rescue training annually.
- First Responders must obtain a minimum twenty-four (24) hours of EMT continuing education annually.
- Complete or be in-progress of completing NC Firefighter I/II or NC Emergency Medical Technician Certifications within eighteen (18) months of member’s anniversary date.
- Participate in any fire department sponsored events.
- Always maintain a professional and positive image and attitude.
General Membership Benefits
- Pension Fund Membership
- Tax-Deductible Expenses
- Satisfaction Of Service To Others